Friday, February 25, 2011

Flowering Mother's Day

This is my latest creation. I grabbed the sketch and some technique ideas from the latest Stamp It Techniques magazine. If you want to try something new or just need a refresher, I totally recommend this magazine. So this flowering creation is for my Mother's Day cards for this year. I know you are thinking Mother's Day, while yes. I have a list of cards that I create at the beginning of the year then work down on the list. I am excited to say that this is the last set of cards on that list to make. All this means is that I get to move onto the next project.

Copic markers - my new love and obsession. I used R22, R24, R27, and YG93 to create the flower oval, which was cut using the scalloped ovals from Spellbinders.

Next, I added Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the image to give it a more vintage look. Then the layering of ultra thick embossing enamel (UTEE) started. I keep layering on the UTEE until I got a thick layer that would nicely crack. The finishing touches were Jumbo Java Chalk Ink on the edges of the paper and some pearls to finish off the look.
Thank you for looking. Enjoy!

2 comments: